Is there any safe way to store passwords in chrome extension?

zeeshaandiv

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 5, 2020
Karachi, Pakistan
zeeshaandiv.com
While Chrome does have an inbuilt password manager, it has several downsides — it generates relatively weak passwords (with no customization), it frequently won’t auto-fill, it’s not well-maintained, there’s no protection against someone stealing your login info, and it only works on certain Google products (like Chrome).

🥇 LastPass — Best and secure, easy to use, and comes with a good free plan — LastPass’s Chrome extension made it especially simple for me to generate and save new logins. I was also impressed with its form-filling capabilities — it made almost no errors even when filling out complex web forms.

LastPass’s free password manager also offers:
  • Unlimited passwords.
  • Unlimited devices.
  • Password strength tool.
  • One-to-one password sharing.
  • Automatic password changing.
  • Basic multi-factor authentication (MFA).
I think LastPass’s password-strength tool is really good. After it analyzed all of my passwords, it showed me which of my logins should be changed — and it told me how to change them in a very clear and easy-to-understand way.

Reactions: DraftCreatives

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sohail

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu